What is Hotmail?
Hotmail is an all-time famous Email Service Provider which has been used for ages up till now. Undoubtedly, Microsoft Hotmail.com is one of the oldest Email service providers as it was founded back in the year 1996 as a joint venture by Mr. Sabeer Bhatia as well as Mr. Jack Smith, in California.
www.Hotmail.com has multiple names as it is known as MSN and Windows Live . However, this title has now been changed to Outlook.com but the email service is still the same. In the year 2012, Hotmail was rebuilt and was renamed to Outlook and all the previously made accounts that were made on Hotmail.com had shifted to the new domain that is Outlook.com
When Hotmail was launched for the first time, those accounts which were running freely offered outstanding features such as spam filtering, escalated virus monitoring and storage up-to 250 MB. But when Microsoft obtained the service, they introduced some more amazing features as well.
Now, the account holders were able to save their contact list in a particular address book and they were also provided with a scheduled calendar for flawless arrangements. There was one more feature added by which the users could choose a package of their preference through which they could update their respective Hotmail login Account by submitting a subscription fee. However, this feature was completely optional and those who were not interested could simply ignore it.
To this day, apart from sending and receiving emails, Outlook.com offers many more services such as virtually unlimited free storage, users can connect their Hotmail Accounts with different applications like Skype, Twitter, Facebook, Linked In and Google. Hotmail also offers a built-in search bar, spam filters and can be accessed through mobile phones as well.
How To Sign Up For Hotmail Account?
Now and then a person feels a need to communicate electronically to different people for different purposes and such communication can only be made possible through electronic media. By making an email account such a person can easily connect with their desired persons by sending to and receiving emails from them.
However, the fact should be remembered that a Hotmail/Outlook Account can only be created from their website as the Outlook application does not offer this feature. Following are the steps by which you can sign up for Hotmail by making a www.Hotmail.com Account.
To create an account on Hotmail/Outlook.com, you will need to follow the steps given below:-
- First of all, open your web browser and type http//:www.hotmail.com/ and it will redirect you to its new domain that is the outlook. Now, look at the right side of this page and click on Create Account given at the top right corner.
- Now you will be asked to create an email address for your new account. Click on the right side downward symbol and it will open 2 options in which you can choose either hotmail.com or outlook.com as the domain of your Hotmail email address.
- Then you will need to insert a Password of your choice in the Create Password text box.
Note:- Your Password is a secret and it must be strong use both numbers, special characters and letters.
- Now if you do not want to receive any promotional stuff from www.Hotmail.com then simply uncheck on the row where Send Me Promotional Emails From Microsoft is written. But, if you do want to receive these promotional emails then skip this step. Click Next to proceed further.
- Then type your First Name and Last Name in their respective boxes and then click on Next.
- Now enter your Country/Region as well as your correct Date of Birth and then press Next.
- At last you need to enter the Verification Code that has been sent to you by Hotmail. Its a distorted picture of numbers and letters which you need to put in entering The Characters You See box. You can always get a new code by clicking on New. Also, you can get an Audio version of the same code as well.
- Click Next and your Hotmail.com account will be created and Outlook.com Tutorial Page will be opened.
By following the steps above you can create a new Account on www.Hotmail.com.
Hotmail Login Steps
Once you have made a Hotmail/Outlook Account, you must now be urged to use your account from time to time and at the same time you cannot always keep your account logged in. To re -log into your account following steps can be used:-
- In order to Login to your Hotmail login account open your search engine and type http://www.Outlook.com/sign-in and the Sign-in page will open. Then click on the Sign in button.
- Now enter your Email Address or Phone Number on which your Hotmail login Account has been made. Then select Next.
- Now type your Account Password on the new page that has opened and select Sign In option, and you will be Logged in to your Hotmail account.
Recover Forgotten Password of www.Hotmail.com Account
Loosing passwords feels very frustrating when you cannot seem to login into your account especially when you have not backed up your account information somewhere else. The following are the steps through which the Lost/Forgotten Password of your Hotmail login can be easily recovered.
- To Recover any forgotten Password of your Hotmail account, open your web browser and type http://www.account.live.com/acsr. Once you are landed on the desired page, type in the Email Address of your Hotmail login account whose Password you want to recover.
- Now, you will be asked to enter an additional Email Address that could be used by Hotmail to get in touch with you regarding the Lost Password of your Account.
- A Captcha will appear on the computer screen with a scattered Picture of Letters or Numbers, you need to enter these numbers or letters accordingly. This will make sure that you are not a Robot or you are not trying to steal some one’s email account.
- Now, Hotmail.com will send you a Verification Email message to verify your Contact Email so that Hotmail makes sure no hacker is trying to hack your account. You will be sent a Security Code for Verification, enter that Code to Verify your the Additional Email Address that you had provided and then click Verify.
- In the end, you will be sent a Form in which you need to enter your correct information as much as possible which Hotmail will then compare with the Original Account Information and respond to you on the Additional Email provided by you within the next 24 hours. If Hotmail finds your information correct enough, only then it will grant you access to your Hotmail Account.